(19 Nov 2015)
- Grains production in 2015/16 to be down 2% y/y, mainly on lower maize output.
- Despite strong demand, a further rise in stocks is forecast, to their highest in 29 years, but with an increased share in China.
- World wheat harvested area in 2016/17 seen falling by less than 1%.
- Global soyabean output is projected to match the previous year’s record, with end-season stocks likely to edge higher, to a fresh peak.
- Rice trade to remain historically high in 2016 on sales to key buyers in Asia.