(27 Nov 2014)
- The outlook for world total grains production in 2014/15 is revised upward again and is now only fractionally below last season’s record.
- A solid rise in grains consumption is expected, led by higher use for livestock feeding.
- A further accumulation of grains stocks is forecast at the end of 2014/15, to a 15-year high.
- Global soyabean production is projected to expand by 8%, to a fresh record, with end-season carryovers likely to increase by nearly 40%.
- Major exporters’ rice stocks are seen falling by 14% in 2014/15, led by India and Thailand.