(23 Apr 2015)
- The projection for world total grains production in 2015/16 is 10m t higher m/m, but still down by 3% from the previous year’s record.
- Global grains stocks are expected to contract, led by maize, but remain comfortable.
- Only a modest retreat in world grains trade is forecast in 2015/16, seen staying at a high level.
- World end-season rice stocks in 2014/15 are forecast to fall to a five-year low, mainly on a 20% drop in major exporters’ carryovers.
- Global soyabean inventories in 2014/15 are seen swelling to a peak of 47m t, the 55% y/y expansion due to leading exporters.