(25 Sep 2014)
- World grains production in 2014/15 is forecast to be only marginally below last year’s record.
- Attractive prices are forecast to lift consumption, especially for feed and industrial uses.
- The global carryover is projected at a 15-year peak, while world trade is expected to remain at a high level, only slightly lower y/y.
- The world soyabean carryover is seen expanding by more than one-third y/y, boosted by heavy accumulation in the US.
- Global ending stocks of rice in 2014/15 are projected to decline to a four-year low, led by a 12% fall in the major exporters.