(30 Oct 2014)
- World grains production in 2014/15 is expected to almost match last year’s record, with total supplies at their highest ever level.
- An increase in feed use leads a projected 2% rise in consumption, but with strong gains for food and industrial uses too.
- The global carryover is projected at a 15-year high at the end of 2014/15.
- Major exporters’ soyabean inventories are projected to more than double, including a near-10m t increase in the US.
- World trade in rice is projected at a new high in 2015, with Thailand expected to reclaim its position as the top exporter.