(26 Feb 2015)
- World total grains production in 2014/15 is forecast at a record 2,006m t, marginally up y/y.
- Despite strong demand growth, global grains stocks could be at their highest in around 30 years at the end of 2014/15.
- Grains trade (Jul/Jun) is seen almost matching the previous season’s record.
- Underscoring tighter supplies, global rice stocks are forecast to fall by 8% y/y, largely on a steep decline in leading exporters.
- World soyabean inventories are expected to rise strongly, to a record of 45m t, on accumulation in major exporters, notably the US and Argentina.