(26 Mar 2015)
- World total grains production in 2015/16 is forecast to retreat by 3% y/y, to 1,937m t.
- Reductions in the major exporters contribute to a projected drop in 2015/16 ending stocks, especially for maize.
- While lower y/y, grains trade in 2015/16 is expected to remain at a high level.
- Aggregate global rice stocks are seen declining by 8% in 2014/15, led by falls in Thailand and India, the world’s leading exporters.
- Reflecting accumulation in the US and Argentina, world soyabean stocks in 2014/15 are forecast to rise by 47% y/y, to an all-time peak.